Friday, May 04, 2012

JustRite Papercraft May Release Day 3 and Friday Challenge!

Today is the third day of the JustRite Papercraft May Release and it also coincides with the JustRite Friday Inspiration Challenge.  We are introducing more stamps and we've themed our creations to fit the Friday Challenge which is to make a 3D Project!!

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

My mom gave me this box of soaps so I decided to jazz it up a bit for my project! I stamped the Heart Scroll Background with Versamark on yellow cardstock then embossed with white embossing powder. I cut 2 Spellbinders™ Edgeabilities® Classic Edges Two out of the yellow and adhered them to the top and bottom of that panel. I saved the waste piece for the side. I scored the piece so that it would fold easy against my box and glued it into place. I added pretty lace trim and silk ribbon, then topped the side piece with pearls. 

I stamped my Iris from the Botanical Medallions & Banners stamp set onto ivory cardstock with Versamark and embossed with white. I colored the image with Copic markers and added pretty pearls. I stamped my Vintage Soap label onto vellum with Versamark and embossed again with white. I cut out the largest  Nested Oval Medallion Labels in white cardstock and the next one below that in ivory. I adhered my vellum piece to my ivory panel and embossed my white cut out with Spellbinders™ M-Bossabilities™ Sea Beauty (Side A).

I added Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Dots to my iris and my two die pieces and mounted them to my soap box panel. I added a double silk ribbon bow to finish the box off. For the soap decoration, I stamped Classic Art Deco Lace Edges One with Versamark on vellum and embossed with white. I cut around the edges and tacked the ends together to fit around the soap. I then wrapped a soft silk ribbon and bow around the middle of the soap and its ready for display!

 
Please take some time to visit all the designers participating in today's Blog Hop and don't forget to come back again this week to see what else we've created using the fabulous new release from JustRite Papercraft and Amy Tedder (the stamp designer)!

JustRite Inspiration
Debbie Olson
Sheri Holt
Eva Dobilas
Angela Barkhouse
Marisa Job
Michele Kovack
Darsie Bruno
Kathy Jones
Kazan Clark
Barb Schram

Project Recipe:
Paper: Bazzill Soft Yellow, White and Ivory cardstock, Vellum
Inks: Versamark, White Embossing powder, Copic Markers
Embellishments: Silk Ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, Lace trim, Recollection Pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Dots, Beacon Adhesives3 in 1 Glue

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. All of your details make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Darsie! So happy to be part of this wonderful group of very talented ladies! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Darsie. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soap box and the card.You've done it!Now my mouth is watering for these products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post, I really look forward to updates from you.
    HTTP://www.KneeNeckBackPain.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!