Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Applique Flowers ...

Wooohooo! I'm excited about JustRite Papercraft's April Release starting today! The stamps that Amy Tedder has design really stretches my limits as I'm not one for bright colors. I have made it a mission to try and create some "cute" things since my style is more Victorian/pastel/fancy themed. 

For my project, I created a 100% Wool Felt cellphone case using the Applique Flowers and Vintage Sentiment Tags clear stamp set. It was surprisingly easy, by simply stamping the images with black StazOn, then cutting them out with sharp scissors. The felt I will only use is from Wool Felt by Benzie, and if you purchase from her, let her know I sent you over! It's reasonably priced and so many luscious colors.The case fits an iphone and I cut two pieces of felt sized 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches, then stitched with the blanket stitch. Use a good glue like Fabric-Tac to adhere your flowers and leaves.

~ Enjoy

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

Exciting news! JustRite Papercraft is having a sale!

Please take some time to visit all the designers participating in today's Blog Hop!

  JustRite Inspiration
 Margie Higuchi
Heidi Blankenship
Kathy Jones
Marisa Job
Darsie Bruno (you are here)
Kazan Clark
Angela Barkhouse
Kristi Schurr
Sheri Holt

Project Recipe:
Inks: Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts Black StazOn, Copic Marker (for button)
Embellishments: 100% Wool Felt in Light Blue, Hot Pink, Teal, Light and Medium Green, Bright Gold, Needle, Black Thread, Black Polka Dot Button, Beacon Adhesivies Fabric-Tac

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute Darsie -love it!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely pretty project Darsie ,thanks for sharing x
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty. I can imagine an eyeglass holder made like this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!