Monday, December 15, 2008

Chickadees & Holly


I really enjoyed making this card with the pretty chickadees surrounded by holly and snow.

My friend Sue purchased the oval Nestabilities for me and already I'm in love with them! I definitely plan to purchase the entire set.

For this card, I first attached an elegant glittery holly vellum to a piece of swirled glossy paper with spray adhesive. I then put that piece through the Cuttlebug with the largest oval die to cut out the center. I put that piece aside for a later card. The chickadees are a Christmas tag from Carol Wilson Fine Arts Stationary that I got at a local quilt shop. I put the tag through the Cuttlebug with the next smallest oval die.

Using the Swiss dot folder, I embossed the front flap of a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 swirly glossy cardstock. I mounted my vellum frame with pop up squares, then adhered the chickadees inside the frame.

Again, with the Cuttlebug, I cut snowflakes from the "Snowflake" die and attached them to the card, with tiny red pearls for added color. I finished the card with a pretty red organza and gold ribbon.

3 comments:

  1. Dasie I love your blog, the card is gorgeous and the stampscapes photo is awesome also. we miss you on there, I hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darsie, Sandy H told us about your blog. I love it and I adore this Chickadee and Holly card. It's fabulous. I hope things are well with you and your family. We miss you. Sandy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogs. So glad to get back in touch with you again. Miss your awesome art. Love this chickadee card. Pat M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!