Wednesday, April 22, 2009

had fun today...


Here's a touch of spring for you today! It's been chilly this week, and this pretty stamp from Sweet Stamps it just what I needed to remind me that spring is on it's way!

I used Marvy Black ink on white Bazzill for this unmounted stamp. I punched the corners from a punch/embosser from Ecstasy Crafts, then colored the image with glitter markers from Marvy. They have such a shimmer to them! Then I attached the piece to a nice shimmery paper I got from a cardstock stack from Michael's, and then mounted both pieces to a polished stone cardstock by Murdock Papers.

I added gold peel off borders, corner stickers and a sentiment to finish the card. Card size 4 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches.

This next card is simple yet elegant. Unfortunately, my scanner didn't pick up the silver well enough in the swirls on the background paper. This would be a great card for Graduation, I think!

The background paper is black with shiny silver swirls which I adhered to a white card. I stamped the tree image by Inkadinkado (one of my favorite stamp companies) using Marvy Black ink onto white Bazzill cardstock. I mounted the stamped image to a piece of black Bazzill cardstock, then added it to the card.

I wrapped pretty silver ribbon around the tree image (as shown above), added a silver bow, and silver peel off sentiment and it's done! Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

1 comment:

  1. I love your card with Sweet stamps. It is
    wonderful. I hope you sent a copy to
    the owner, Stacey. She will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!