Sunday, August 16, 2009

a fun technique...


For this technique, I cut out a ghost on scrap paper and laid it down on glossy cardstock sized 5 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. With the Colorbox Stylus I added color with Memento inks in this order: Tangelo, Potter's Clay, Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stalk, and Tuxedo Black. I also used Marvy Ink Pad Wine between the Rhubarb Stalk and Black.

Next, I laid the piece of scrap paper that I cut the ghost from, over the inked part of the card which revealed the white part of the ghost. With Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped Stampscapes Eerie Moon, then the large Cloud Cumulus stamp above and below the moon. With the Stylus, I added Memento Grape Jelly ink to the upper and lower portions of the ghost (the stamped clouds). With a paintbrush, and black ink, I added the eyes and mouth for the ghost.

I stamped the bat (Hero Arts) in the moon, then used the Large and Small Spooky Branch (Stampscapes) on the outer portion of the card. Once finished, I mounted it to a piece of black cardstock, then a purple card.

Special Note: I'm so excited! Kevin Nakagawa, the owner of Stampscapes, is going to make this Halloween scene into a postcard!


I did the same technique with this card as well. I laid a snowflake cut out from Sizzix onto my glossy paper, then stamped Rocky Peaks, Cabin with Fence, Pine Row, and the Water Pattern (All Stampscapes stamps).

With the cut out snowflake still on the card, I added color with the Colorbox Stylus. I used Marvy Ink Pads in the following colors: Salvia Blue, #3 Blue, Prussian Blue, Deep Lilac, Pale Violet, Pine, Brown and Black.

I removed the cut out and lightly added Salvia Blue and Deep Lilac to the snowflake. I then stamped the sentiment (also from Stampscapes) and added a lavender rhinestone to the snowflake. I mounted the scene on black then purple cardstock. Card size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Darsie. That will make a fabulous postcard! You are such a fabulous scenic artist and now more people will know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great for you that Kevin liked
    your halloween card. I like them both as they are unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one awesome Halloween card! Love 'em all -- but that one is spectacular -- congrats on soon seeing it in print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darsie!!
    I was over my friend's house yesterday stamping - it was a Stampscapes festival. We all brought our stamps and were having a ball. She had her stack of postcard samples and I saw this one and saw your name!! I was so excited for you - THEN! I just saw this post when I came to visit your blog today. :o) You go Stampin' Sister!!
    XXOO sending hugs from Naperville!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!