Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Snowy Thinking...


Well, I've been having enormous fun these past few days with "blog hopping". If you don't know what that is, it is a group of blog owners, sending you on a merry round of card viewing. A lot of them are from a particular design team, a stamp company's blog, etc. Some have challenges that include a "sketch" of which you can participate.


As an example, my first card is for the "Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #42", and you have to make a card using the sketch above, then post your card to your own online gallery or blog, then go to Mercy's blog and post your link. It's a way to challenge yourself with new card ideas!


My challenge card uses Hot pink Bazzill cardstock, and a Marvy Matchables "Caribbean Blue" ink pad. I first stamped the large snowflake (Inkadinkado) with Caribbean blue on white Bazzill cardstock. Next, I stamped my sentiment (Close to my Heart) on white cardstock, then stamped a tiny portion of my large snowflake on the corners. I next layered it to a hot pink glittered cardstock. I punched my upper and lower right corners with a Fiskars Emboss plus Punch, then added a few lines around three sides with my Scor-Pal. I tied a pretty teal bow around my card, then mounted my sentiment with pop dots. With a Stardust GellyRoll pen, I colored my snowflake, then added gemstones to finish the card. Card size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.


This next card is my version of a card on Andrea Walford's blog. Of course, I altered it for my own card, but I love the look! I stamped the flourish from the "Nightingale" stamp set by Inque Boutique in #3 Blue from Marvy Matchables. I then inked the snowflake (Inkadinkado) with #3 Blue and Prussian Blue on each half then stamped it so that it looked like the snowflake was hanging from the flourish.

I tied a pretty sparkly blue/gold ribbon that I purchased from Hobby Lobby, and added rhinestones on the flourish and snowflake. I next punched a snowflake border (EK Success) on blue glitter cardstock, mounted my flourish piece, then attached it to a white card. Card size 4 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, darsie! love your take on the sketch, and the pop of the pink and turquoise.

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Darsie, you took this challenge and ran wiht it and what an amazing creation!! I love the colors you chose-so pretty!! both your cards and super!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!