Friday, October 23, 2009

seasonal cards...

My first card is for the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday Challenge and the requirement was to make a Tall Card. My card measures 3 3/4 x 7 inches tall! Most everyone knows I love sunflowers, so when I saw this darling image by C.C. Designs, I had to get her! Birgitta is a digital image as well as a rubber stamp! You can find her and other adorable stamps and images on the All That Scraps Online Store.


I colored Birgitta with Prismacolor markers on Whisper White cardstock from Stampin' Up!. I cut the image with my long scalloped rectangle Nestabilities, and dusted Memento New Sprout ink on the paper before removing it from the die. I laid the image aside and began to assemble my card. I stamped "Indian Summer" sentiment (TPC Studio) on a Martha Stewart tag using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I added my designer paper to a dark olive card, then attached a pretty brown satin ribbon. Next, I adhered Birgitta and the sentiment tag to the card, added paper sunflowers (Martha Stewart) and finished it off with a few rhinestones.


I absolutely love, love, love black and white together and when I saw the Snow border stamp from Inkadinkado, I knew I had to make a card using just those two colors. I stamped my border stamp on Whisper White cardstock, and added my large snowflake (Inkadinkado) to the right of the border. Next, I stamped my border onto a black card with Versamark and embossed it with White Detail embossing powder. I mounted my white piece to the black card, added black pearls and a bow and was wonderfully happy with this creation. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.


I've shied away from "Changito the Monkey" by Stampendous for quite a while, but I just had to have this cute Vampire stamp with matching sentiment. I stamped both images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink then cut them out using the Labels 4 Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug. Before removing them from the die, I sponged Memento Lulu Lavender on the edges. I colored Changito with Prismacolor markers then laid it aside to assemble my card.

I punched two opposite corners of my designer paper (K & Company) with the Corner Spider Web punch by Martha Stewart. I added another dp and adhered orange trim and a black bow around the center of the piece. I mounted my two stamped images with pop dots to my card, glued it to a lime green card and finished it off with googly eyes and rhinestones. Card size: 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What gorgeous cards & each one so different :-)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!