Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Designer's Choice Challenge...

It's time for a new Challenge series over at the House that Stamps Built! We hope you all had fun with the CASE Wednesday series, and we're looking  forward to the next few months with this new concept. 

Here's how the "Designer's Choice Challenge" will work!  All of the fabulous design team members for Repeat Impressions will be assigned a Wednesday, and we get to set the "theme" for the challenge!  I volunteered to be first, so my theme is one of my all time favorites: "SCENIC"!

You are to create a card that best represents a scene, and Repeat Impressions has a ton of fabulous stamps for creating beautiful landscapes. You can make a basic scene with a simple tree, or you can create an inspiring vista!

My card today uses "2906-I, Bottoms Up" and side portions of "211-P, Chickadee at Rest". My sentiment is "3103-F, Live for...".

My card fits the Belli Challenge as well with "Think Seamstress" as the theme! My "ribbon" is actually seam binding and I put some beads on a stick pin and inserted into the center of the bow.


15 comments:

  1. Great job, Darsie! Love the pine branches used to fram the loon butts!! Thanks for kicking us off so well with this series! It was definitely a challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these fab colors, Darsie!! The punching and embossing are a wonderful backdrop for your beautiful seam binding! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me GIGGLE!!! This is so pretty, even with the loons behinds. Love the scenic work you do, always stunning. I don't have that punch, by the way?? LYTAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darsie, a real elegant card love the scene and the seam binding gorgeous colours
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. great scene darsie-love your ribbon treatment as well-wonderful card for both challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING Darsie; love the image and your shading is perfect! Love the pearls, ribbon and that punch is delightful!

    Well done chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty Darsie!! Such a darling image and your coloring perfect. Love the seam binding. Awesome job incorporating both challenges.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scene and beautiful colors. The trellis like punched edge is gorgeous and I love the seam binding with gorgeous beaded pin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your coloring! The pine branches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful girl, love it and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. I love the one layer look (Images of course). The ribbon is a lovely touch. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely gorgeous scene, Darsie...the colors are so striking and I love how you framed the ducks with the pine boughs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! I love the punch and the embossed paper and the beads and the shading of the water and sky and the....
    Okay, it is ALL great!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and you did such a fabulous job with creating this scene! Beautiful masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!