Friday, August 07, 2009

Halloween Time...


I'm in a Halloween mood!! Here are two Halloween cards I made for my sister and my niece as a sort of "lesson" card. They are just starting out in card making and have asked me to make cards with tiny tutorials for them. This card showed them how to do direct to paper inking, stamping, using a border punch and ribbon. I purchased the stamp set for them as well, so they could play along. These Halloween stamps are from an unmounted clear set you can get it at Michael's.

I first cut out a circle and laid it down on yellow cardstock. I took Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and swiped it across the entire card. Once it was dry, I removed the circle, then stamped the bats over the "moon". I punched a pumpkin border using Martha Stewart's newest Halloween punches. I added rhinestone stars and a Halloween ribbon, then adhered it to a purple card. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

This next card uses Martha Stewart's new "Continuous Edge" Punches. I, of course, had to have all of them. She has a Spider Web, Snowflakes and a Loop punch set. There is a corner punch as well as a border punch. They are a bit tricky in lining them up, and here is a great tutorial on the necessary measurements needed to make these punches work well.

Indigo Inklings: Martha Stewart Continuous Edge Tutorial

Once I punched the spider web frame, I put the card piece through the Cuttlebug using the Spider Web Embossing Folder. Next, I added black glitter with a glue pen onto the spider web. I cut and embossed the spider on a glittery orange cardstock using the "Creepy" Die from Provocraft.

I stamped the Witch shoes onto white cardstock then used jagged edge scissors to cut it out. I colored and glittered the piece and set it aside. I wrapped a sparkly silver thread around the upper left corner of the card, and added the spider using pop dots.

I then tied a cute lime green and checked ribbon around the base of the card, mounted the witch feet with pop dots and added purple rhinestones in the corners. I mounted it to a lime green card and was finished! Card size: 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches.

(click to enlarge to see detail)

Glass Bead and Jewelry Update:

Had a wonderful and successful jewelry party last weekend! I can't believe how many things sold! It's a thrill to see your hard work appreciated and oooh'd and ahhhh'd over. My daughter is currently working on getting my Lampwork Bead and Jewelry website up and running and in the next month, I'll be putting some of the jewelry on etsy. Will let you know when it's listed. Have a happy and creative week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Halloween and these cards are so cute. That Martha punch is way cool! Your sister and niece are so lucky to have such a talented relative. Looking forward to your jewelry website. You sure you don't want to move to Michigan? So happy to have you back in the scenic world. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!