Wednesday, September 30, 2009

10 minutes or less...

I've been swamped all week, so I've taken a few minutes to make 2 cards that took less than 10 minutes each. As we head into the Holiday season, I bet a lot of us are going to have to squeeze our cardmaking into small amounts of allotted time!


I've used the "Autumn Harvest" stamp set from Stampin' Up! for these two cards. I love this little set as it's so versatile and perfect for the Fall holidays. This first card is for a friend who has a birthday in October, and her sister asked me to make a card that had pumpkins and sage green incorporated.

I punched the Fluer-de-lis border on both sides of a soft yellow cardstock sized 4 x 5 1/2 inches using an EK Success punch. Next I stamped "Happy Birthday" (Close to my Heart) in Memento Rich Cocoa. I then stamped "Dot Flourishes" (Inkadinkado) using Pear Tart where my pumpkins would be. I stamped the two pumpkins from the stamp set onto light orange cardstock using the Rich Cocoa ink. With Pear Tart, I stamped the small leaf on the light orange cardstock as well.

With a sponge, I tapped Memento Dandelion and Tangelo inks onto the pumpkins. I tapped a light amount of Rich Cocoa on the stems. I then added a touch of New Sprout ink to the leaf. I tied a pretty brown/gold ribbon around the card then attached my pumpkins and leaf using pop dots. Lastly, I added tiny brown rhinestones on the sentiment. Card size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.


This next card was fun! My sister and I were doing a challenge where you can only use two colors in your cards, and we had to use the "Dot Flourishes" stamp set from Inkadinkdo. Her card was adorable with lime green and pink as the main colors!

I stamped the flourish stamp using Memento Tuxedo Black onto dark orange cardstock. I then tied a black with orange polka dots ribbon around the card and knotted it. It's hard to see in the photo but the black piece behind the pumpkins is glittered cardstock. I repeated the process for the pumpkins as with the previous card. I added the faces instead of leaving the pumpkins blank. I omitted the leaf, instead cutting out a tag and stamping "Trick or Treat" (Hampton Arts) onto it. I mounted the pumpkins to the glittered cardstock with pop dots, attached the tag with a polka dot brad, then finished it off with orange rhinestones. (Yes, Robin, I have that stamp set for you!) Card size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

Don't forget to check out my friend Sandy's blog, as she has been doing some adorable cards for Halloween, Winter and more. Her parchment crafting is gorgeous too!

2 comments:

  1. Darsie, these are wonderful, I particularly like the pumpkins, quite elegant looking, yet so simple! Thanks for the blog plug! I love this time of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsie! I love that you find challenges and try new things and then you inspire the rest of us!! you are so creative, I always get excited to check out your blog and see all your amazing work, you always help get the creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!