Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a card for Mom...

Well, I'm getting excited! Next week is the Sneak Peek Week for Ethereal Forest Designs and the newly formed design team is hard at work on creating beautiful cards for your inspiration! EFD will be releasing 26 new digistamps (both images and sentiments) on March 1st at the unveiling of their new online store and blog! Become a "follower" on their blog so you can see the cutest images ever! We have a Blog Hop and Monthly Challenge planned as well as all the wonderful creations from the "Ethereal Girls". Stay tuned for more!

My card this week fits the following Challenges: Our Creative Corner Weekly Sketch Challenge, The Pink Elephant, Quixotic Challenges, Pile It On, and Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.


This card uses the new Iron Gate Corner punch by Martha Stewart as the focal point! I punched the corners of a 2 x 2 inch ivory cardstock square, then distressed the edges and stamped my initials for MOM (Inkadinkado) using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I mounted my pieces to designer paper by Die Cuts with a View called "At Home", then adhered them to matching ivory cardstock. My background paper is also from the same paper stack, and I glued it to an ivory panel, then to a blue card. I finished the card off with Prima Roses and Flowers, a brown organza/satin bow and pretty rhinestone swirls! Card size 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Darsie, I love that new punch and a fabulous idea for using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsie - this is soooo beautiful and elegant. I love the frames and layers you used on MOM - and the way you allowed it to SHINE with your gems and floral additions! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! she will love this, I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darsie, this is a great card! I love your take on the challenge!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darsie
    This is beautiful! What a great take on the sketch!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just beautiful Darsie! Your work is always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Darsie, I LOVE your layout using the sketch and the gorgeous detail - WOW!

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well i am running out of adjectives to describe your cards! Gorgeous and Stunning just don't quite say enough but they will have to due :) LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Darsie, this is one fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is gorgeous Darsie! Love that punch! Thanks for playing along this week at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness!! This is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for joining in the fun at TPE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, I am at a loss for words. The punch, the flowers, the bling. All perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a WOW card! Thanks for sharing your dazzling creation with us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the cool sketch and beautiful sample for the DT this week! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, love the flowers ribbon, swirly bling, gosh I love the whole card, lol. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!