Thursday, November 05, 2009

Christmas Roses...

I'm still working on Christmas cards in between preparing for my upcoming Stamping party on Saturday. I got to play with a few new things, as several of my orders came in from Oh My Crafts, and I received some of the new Inkadinkado single clear stamps. Of course, I had to have as many of them as I could get. There is so much versatility with them!


This first card uses a beautiful rose digistamp by Jules' Junk and you can purchase any of her digistamps at Digital Ink Co. I colored the roses with Prismacolor markers on Whisper White cardstock by Stampin' Up! then cut them out with the Labels 4 Nestabilities die in the Cuttlebug for the design. I sponged Memento New Sprout ink on the edges (before removing it from the labels die). I received my Cuttlebug embossing folders (Holiday Release 09) from Oh My Crafts and was surprised to see that some of the folders fit a 5 x 7 inch card front! Now we can emboss our entire cards instead of just the front panel! This folder is called Holly Ribbons and it is so pretty! I didn't do much more to the card, as I wanted the roses to stand out, except adding a red satin ribbon, a peel off sentiment, and rhinestones. I mounted the panel to a white card, sized 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches.


This next little darling is another digistamp, and comes as one of three angels. You can purchase these cutie pie's at All That Scraps. I printed the angel on Whisper White cardstock then colored her with my Prismacolor makers. I cut her out with the scalloped rectangle Nestabilites then sponged Memento Cottage Ivy ink on the edges while it was still in the die. My designer papers are from Die Cuts with a View Christmas stack. The lacy border is from Martha Stewart's new doily punch which punches out that strip! I also punched one of the coordinating papers with her new Holly border punch. I wrapped a pretty satin ribbon around the card, attaching a pink button to the bow portion instead of a traditional knot. I added a peel off sentiment and stars to finish the card. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.


This last card uses one of the new Inkadinkado clear single stamps! I stamped the cardinal frame with Memento Tuxedo black ink on photo paper then colored it with Prismacolor markers. I then cut it out and mounted it to a glittery black card panel. I stamped the holly leaves (Inkadinkado also) on my card front of photo paper, then stamped both sentiments from Close to my Heart. I attached the cardinal frame to my card panel with pop up dots, adhered the entire piece to a black card and finished it off with rhinestones. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

2 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous, I love the black and white especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsie! All three cards are lovely!! You color beautifully!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!