Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cards without stamps!

Even though my daughters and sister are here, I've actually managed to make a few cards! We've been eating, shopping. crafting, and then doing it all over again! My first card is for Our Creative Corner's Sketch Challenge this week! I've made two cards without using rubber stamps and love them! Fast, and elegant, you can make these cards in ten minutes or less.


This is a pretty sketch with lots of possibilities! I used the new Holly Ribbons Cuttlebug Embossing folders for the background, and Martha Stewart's new doily lace punch for the glittery red strip going across the card. The ornaments are glittery peel off stickers that I colored with Sharpie markers. I added gold pearls, peel off strips for the hanging chains of the ornaments, tiny gold trimmed bows, and a pretty sparkly red Christmas sentiment sticker. Card size: 5 x 5 1/4 inches.


This next card uses more peel off stickers, and a Christmas bow with a Chickadee (clip art I've used before) printed on Whisper white cardstock. I cut out a Nestabilities label and used the frame portion and saved the other piece for another card. I mounted the frame over the Chickadee, then added gold peel off corner stickers.


I adhered that piece to sparkly gold glitter paper with an EK Success punched border, and added gold pearls to finish the card. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

3 comments:

  1. Darsie, your challenge card is so elegant, I love it. And all that gold on the chickadee really makes the card! Both cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsie, your card is adorable and very elegant. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!