Sunday, November 08, 2009

More Christmas cards...

My first card is for the Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge and I really love this card! So wintry and majestic, and perfect for Christmas. This would make a great male oriented card as well!


I laid down a circle mask for my moon and post it notes with torn edges on the lower half of the card for my snow. With the Colorbox Stylus, I added my sky using Memento Summer Sky and Paris Dusk, then Marvy #3 Blue and Prussian Blue inks. I removed my masks, then stamped the buck from Nature's Silhouettes (Stampin' Up!) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I tore more post it notes with ragged edges to make my snow drifts. Laying the torn edge down, I sponged Paris Dusk along the edge making sure to leave a lot of white for my snow. I embossed my sentiment (Hero Arts) with white EP, then mounted it to a white panel. I adhered my piece to an icy blue card, added a ribbon, a glittery snowflake and finished it with rhinestones. Card size: 6 x 5 1/2 inches.


This next card focuses on a new designer of digistamps and this is "Danika", her first stamp! Lee of Ethereal Forest Designs draws the sweetest, cutest girls and images I've ever seen! I printed her on Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!) then colored her with Prismacolor markers and added highlights with a white Signo gel pen. I stamped my sentiment (Inque Boutique) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I glued her to a glittery green panel, my designer paper is from Die Cuts with a View, then added a fancy ribbon. I added pretty pink rhinestones for her necklace, with more rhinestones and pearls to finish it off. Card size: 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches

This last card uses clip art I purchased from D.A.I.S.I.E Company. I just fell in love with the red bow and chickadee! I printed it on Whisper White cardstock, then cut it out with Labels 4 Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug. My frame is a leftover piece from another label I had cut, and I punched the corners with my All-in-1 corner punch then embossed with the Swiss Dot folder in the Cuttlebug. I mounted both pieces to green mirrored cardstock, added pearls and adhered the panel to a red card. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Darsie. I love this chickadee card, it is beautiful, I can see why you love that clip art, very elegant. Oh and your Merry Christmas winter scene is fabulous, I might have to get that Paris Dusk ink, lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Darsie you have been a busy stamper! Your cards are beautiful, I LOVE the sketch card - the detail and the blue highlight is amazing!

    Your other two holiday cards are very pretty, I just LOVE how you used the Nestabilities.


    Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge, hope to see you next week!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness your inking is stunning!! and i love the snowflake :0) your other cards are beautiful and the little birdid is my fav :0) thanks for joining us on stamps and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That image is stunning (to quote Rose). Thank you for playing along with Stamps and Smiles. I hope you will join us again next week.

    Jennifer SAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Darsie! All three cards! I especially dig the winter scene - your snow looks so real!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    Hugs- LORi BOYD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!