Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gobble til you Wobble...

Well, my girls are flying home for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so I'll be extra busy for the next 9 days! I hope to post to the blog during that time, but it may not be as often as usual! Nessa has decided that we are going to craft the whole week, so I'll have a lot to show when I do post!


My first card is for the Our Creative Corner Color Challenge and I just love the colors of brown lately. I had shied away from it, but am learning that no color is ugly! As a "neutral" color, it practically goes with anything! Our colors for this challenge were to be Stampin' Up colors: Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, White and Chocolate Chip or close thereof.


This cute Turkey is by Stitchy Stamps, a digistamp that you can purchase at Digital-Ink Co. The sentiment is computer generated onto the pot before I printed the turkey on Whisper White cardstock. I cut out a scalloped circle Nestabilities using Whisper White cardstock, then sponged the edges with Memento Desert Sand ink while it was still in the die. I colored the image with Prismacolor Markers, then put it aside to construct my card. I embossed a white background panel with the Swiss Dots folder in the Cuttlebug and swiped Memento Rich Cocoa and Tangelo inks across the dots to bring them out. I wrapped a shimmery orange ribbon around the panel, then mounted it to a medium brown card. I used pop dots to raise the turkey circle up, then folded strips of ribbon in shimmery orange and brown organdy to look like feathers. Last, I added vintage buttons to finish the card. Card size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

The next three cards is a series showing how you can use the same stamps in a scene and totally change the appearance just by using different color inks. The stamps are from Stampscapes, and are the Oak Branch and the Gulls. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on glossy photo paper after the background sky was finished. This first scene was done with the Colorbox Stylus using these inks: Memento Dandelion and Cantaloupe, and Marvy Lt. Green, Turquoise and Oriental Blue. I punched a small circle mask for my "Alien Sun" using a post-it note. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.


This scene represents "Twilight" and uses the following inks: Memento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Rosebud, Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly and Paris Dusk. I also used Marvy inks: #3 Blue, Pale Violet and Yellow.


The last scene represents "Night Sky" and I punched a large circle mask from a post-it note for my moon. The following inks were using in this scene: Memento Summer Sky, Paris Dusk and LuLu Lavender, Grape Jelly. Marvy inks used: #3 Blue, Prussian Blue and Pale Violet.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Darsie! I just adore your turkey card - fun use of ribbon and your coloring is amazing!

    Your other cards are stunning, what beautiful scenes!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the OCC! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!! these cards are gorgeous hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I havent been able to blog and visit much in 2009 - but I hope this all changes in 2010, and I can come and visit you more often.

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year

    Heather (Vanilla Hevn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....love your scene cards. I have just resently discovered stampscape, and really enjoy looking at your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!