Monday, November 02, 2009

Digistamps and a challenge...

My first card is for the Mojo Monday 111 Contest Challenge and I used a darling digistamp from Pink Cat Studio! It's a quick and easy card, and I spent more time coloring than I did putting it together! This little penguin is just one of the cute digistamps they have! The images print out crisp and are easy to color on your favorite cardstock.


I printed the penguin on Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock, then cut him out using the scalloped square Nestabilities in the Cuttlebug. I sponged the edges, before removing the piece from the die, with my Colorbox Stylus, using Memento inks: Cottage Ivy and Rhubarb Stalk. I then colored him with my Copic markers. The designer paper is from Debbie Mumm's Harvest Stack, and I added satin ribbon at the break between papers. I glittered and attached a Stampin' Up! felt snowflake, mounted my penguin onto the background paper, and adhered it to a white card sized 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches. I finished it off with decorative rhinestones.

(Sketch for the Mojo Monday 111 Contest)

This delightful image is a digistamp as well! This stamp is from Stitchy Stamps and you can find these images as well as a lot more over at Digital-Ink Co. I like the freedom of the digital stamps as I can size or resize them to fit my needs.


I printed the turkey onto Whisper White cardstock, then cut him out with the scalloped oval Nestabilities in the Cuttlebug. Before removing him from the die, I sponged Memento Desert Sand on the edges with my Colorbox Stylus. I then proceeded to color him with my Prismacolor markers (Yes, I have all kinds of markers)! I added some highlights with my white Signo gel pen. I stamped the sentiment (G Studio) using Memento Rich Cocoa and punched it out with a scalloped circle punch. I sponged the edges with Memento Dandelion and Tangelo inks. Next I punched two small holes and inserted my satin ribbon and adhered it to my designer paper (K & Company). I did use pop up dots to raise up my tag. I mounted my paper to an orange card sized 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches, glued my turkey on, added a pretty bow and finished it off with pearls.


This last card uses one more digistamp by Jules' Junk and you can purchase her darling creations over at Digital-Ink Co also. This was another quick card, and can be used for January birthday's, Winter or Christmas. I printed the snowman on Whisper White cardstock, then cut him out and colored him with Copic markers. I glittered the large Stampin' Up! felt snowflake and added a large satin bow. My designer snowflake paper is by The Paper Studio and I cut it into three strips and mounted it to a 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 white card. I added the snowflake, snowman and a shimmery peel-off Christmas sticker to finish the card.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Darsie, I love the cards hun :)
    Awesome job, thanks for using my stamp and I'll send Stitchy over too, she's gonna love the card you made with her stamp:D
    Hugs
    Jules
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Darsie! I love how you coloured the images, great job! Thanks for sending your photo to me!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcie, how adorable, both of them cards are just fantastic...I was wondering where that turkey went to lmao...and oh by the way, we are neighbors girl...I live right up the road from ya next to Dansville NY, I know you know where that is lol...look forward to seeing more of what you do...
    hugz
    stitchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darsie! All are just adorable!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so adorable. I think that the turkey is my favorite. He's so cute and your shadowing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!