Hi everyone! Today, I have another fun project using Spellbinders Paper Arts® Core Basics and I was inspired by a cute cow treat box I saw on Pinterest. Here is my version and a tutorial below to make one for yourself using your basic dies of circles, ovals and hearts! How cute is he?
Share this on Pinterest!
Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts®: Standard Circles LG, Classic Hearts, Classic Ovals LG, Classic Ovals SM
Paper: Bazzill Basics Paper®: White, Gray, Yellow, Pink, Blue, Black
Inks: Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts Memento Summer Sky, Angel Pink and London Fog ink pads
Miscellaneous: Sponge Dauber, Scor-Pal, Glue and Scissors
(click on template and right click to save to your computer)
1. Cut 2 panels 7 x 8 inches from white cardstock. Score and cut as shown on template above. Fold and glue box together. Box size is 3 3/4 inches x 3 3/4 inches
2. Cut 2 Standard Circles LG #7 from white cardstock. Cut 1 Classic Hearts #3, cut in half and round the bottom, as shown in the photo above. Cut 1 Classic Ovals LG #3 from yellow cardstock, then center #2 onto the #3 die cut and cut (as shown in the photo above). Glue ears and horns to the back of one of the Circles #7 die cut.
3. Cut 1 Classic Ovals SM #5 from pink cardstock. Cut 2 Standard Circles LG #1 from black cardstock. Glue the two black circles to the pink oval and shade with Memento Angel Pink ink using a sponge dauber. Cut 2 Standard Circles LG #1 from blue cardstock. Cut 2 Classic Ovals SM #1 from black cardstock. Glue the black ovals to the blue circles and shade with Summer Sky ink.
4. Cut 10 Classic Ovals SM #2 and #3 from black cardstock. Cut out small pieces on the edge of the ovals to resemble the spots on a cow. Glue small spots onto the cow head and trim the edge. Glue the rest of the spots onto your box. Adhere the eyes and nose to your cow head as shown.
5. Cut 2 Classic Hearts #4 with black cardstock. Cut each heart die cut as shown in the photo above. Cut 2 Classic Ovals LG #4 with gray cardstock. Glue hearts to gray ovals and shade with Memento London Fog ink using a sponge dauber.
6. Glue feet to front of box and glue head to back of box as pictured. Glue the remaining Standard Circles LG #7 to the back of the head/box. Fill box with treats.