Friday, December 26, 2008

Black, Red & White Hello....

I love the striking appearance of black, white and red together. This piece uses the left over notecard I had cut with the Oval Nestabilities used in the previous Valentine Card. I always save pieces of scraps from other cardmaking endeavors. You never know how perfect that piece of paper might be for the next card!

I recently purchased a Martha Stewart Ribbon Edge punch and punched along both sides of the notecard piece. Pretty red thin grosgrain was inserted into the slots then glued down with Zip Dry. An elegant striped black glossy cardstock was used for the background. I attached the notecard piece to it, then added another oval Nestabilities cut out in red into the center.

I stamped "hello" (Hampton Art) (found in the Dollar bin at Michael's) in black on a smaller white oval cut out then mounted it to the red oval. Lastly, I added small red rhinestones and a satin red bow to finish the card. Card Size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.

This card is for my girls, Nessa and Lee! I miss you, sweethearts! Love, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I love it! I miss you too, mommy! <3

    - Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article. I appreciate your hand made crafting  with designesie is amazing. Thanks for sharing all cards with us. Keep sharing more cards with us. Now it's time to get Roofing Services in Wayne for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!