Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holiday Cards...

So, it's 13 days til Christmas, and I have a 8 foot table filled with gifts to be wrapped, and what am I doing? I'm upstairs in my craft room making cards, of course! Let's see what I've been creating for the holidays! But first, I'm so excited to say that I'm the Feature Designer over at Our Creative Corner! They really liked my "11 Pipers Piping" for their 12 Days of Christmas challenge. You can see it here and here!


My first card is for "The Fresh Batch" Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge - SASSC44 and when I first saw it, I thought "Snowman!" I've done a lot of snowman cards recently, so I decided on a different point of view for this challenge. I rotated the sketch (above) 90 degrees to the right and used hearts instead of making the snowman. On to Valentine's Day!


The hearts are from a glittery package of Valentine die cuts by K & Company that I found in my stash. They were to replace the circles in the sketch, and I mounted them on designer paper from The Paper Studio. I adhered the paper to red cardstock and set it aside. My sentiment is a stamp (Stampabilities) I recently purchased at Hobby Lobby. It really says a lot, and if you've found that "someone" then you are blessed! I stamped my sentiment on ivory cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then adhered it to a coral/pink strip. I glued my background paper (The Paper Studio) to an ivory card, then added a pretty knotted ribbon. I glued my hearts panel to my card, used pop up dots for my sentiment, and added puffy heart stickers to finish the card. Card size: 5 3/4 x 4 1/4 inches.


This little cutie is a digital stamp from All That Scraps and fits the Our Creative Corner Challenge this week. We had to create a Holiday themed card, and this little girl definitely fits the bill! I cut her out with the Long Scalloped Rectangles Nestabilites, then colored her with Copics, and stamped my sentiment (TPC Studio) with Memento Tuxedo black ink. With a Quickie glue pen, I added glitter to her pompom, hat and wings. I punched an olive green panel with Martha Stewarts "Presents" punch, then adhered my girl, and added pink rickrack. (I'm really liking the rickrack as a design element!) My designer paper is from a Christmas stack from Die Cuts with a View and I glued it to a dark olive card, then added my little girl panel with pop dots. I added ribbon, a bow, rhinestones and stars to finish the card. Card size: 5 x 4 1/2 inches


My last card uses a Multi-Step Pine Trees stamp from Kitchen Sink Stamps, and I just love the realistic images the stamps create. I plan to add quite a few of these sets to my stash! I stamped my pine tree onto a Labels Four Nestabilities cut out with the following inks: Memento Summer Sky, Marvy #3 Blue, Marvy Prussian Blue and Memento Paris Dusk. I stamped the sentiment (G Studio) with Prussian Blue, then added peel off stickers for the trim and ornaments for the tree. I mounted this piece to glittery soft blue cardstock, added ribbon , pearls and a bow, then put that piece aside. I used two of Martha Stewart's new punches on a brown panel, then mounted my tree panel to that piece. I embellished with brown and white pearls. I adhered this piece to my designer paper (Heidi Grace Designs), which I had glued to a blue card. I finished the card with a row of large brown pearls. Card size: 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches

4 comments:

  1. Love them and may have to borrow your peel off garland idea on the tree, what a wonderful way to decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your card! I really like how you turned the sketch on the side and used hearts! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Smiles this week!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a beautiful batch of cards this week! I love your take on the Stamps & Smiles sketch. I really love the third card with the blue tree and all the pearls and punch work. Thanks so much for playing along again this week with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Darcie! Each card is wonderful and your coloring is amazing!

    Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge and our challenge over at the OCC!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!