Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sketch with a Spin...

Well, I had a lovely visit with a girlfriend this afternoon, finished two cards and went shopping for another girlfriend and her husband. Am I ready for Christmas yet? Heck no, but I'm ready to make more cards! Let's see what I made today!


Over at the Sweet Stop, the current challenge is "Sketch with a spin: Pocket Card" (sketch above). If you play, you'll eligible for a $10.00 gift certificate to Sweet 'n Sassy stamps store! I just love their images!


I used a digistamp from All That Scraps for this card! I just love S.E.I.'s Winter Song designer paper stack, and it was perfect for this little girl! I colored her with Copics, and added a bit of sparkly glitter to her wings, the ground and the snowflakes in the air. I punched the top and bottom portion of a red panel with an EK Success snowflake punch, then adhered the girl to it. I mounted her to a piece of designer paper panel, only gluing the top and bottom portions. This left the area for my pocket! I adhered my striped paper to the lower part of my card, and added a red satin ribbon. My sentiment (Stampendous) was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a small Labels 4 Nestabilities piece and sponged with aqua ink before removing it from the die. I added rhinestones and punched snowflakes to finish the card.


For my pocket insert, I cut out a larger Labels 4 Nestabilities in designer paper, and added punched snowflakes. I stamped my sentiment (TPC Studio) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a small Labels 4 Nestabilities piece, then sponged with aqua ink before removing it from the die. I glued it to the larger label, then inserted my tag into the pocket behind the little girl. (as shown above) Card size: 7 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches


Lastly, here is a custom lampwork jewelry order I completed this week for a girlfriend who gave it as a gift! The jewelry set comprised of a necklace, bracelet and earrings and used sterling silver components, Swarovski crystals, and glass beads created by myself at the torch. (Showing necklace only)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards!

    I am in awe of your necklace - gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!