Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Tribute...


To a wonderful man who passed 10 years ago today. My father, my friend, my support, slipped away in the wee hours of the morning on April 30th due to a massive heart attack at 64 years young. It was unexpected, unexplained, and unimaginable. I miss him every moment of my life and wish for one second to be able to tell him how much I love him.


He was a loving husband, father, brother, uncle and grandfather, and a devoted family man. He loved God and banana splits. He loved to travel, pick on my Mom incessantly, and liked to make us laugh. Photography was his passion, and he loved to yell at the television during football season. He loved his cats and spoiled them rotten. He was a sailor, a trucker, and an insurance adjuster, as well as Treasurer of the church. He had a pure soul and touched all those who knew him.


I love you, Daddy! LYTAM

If tears could build a stairway, and memories could build a lane We would walk right up to Heaven And bring you back again  No farewell words were spoken No time to say goodbye You were gone before we knew it And only God knows why  Our hearts still ache in sadness And secret tears still flow What it meant to lose you No one will ever know  But now we know you want us To mourn for you no more To remember all the happy times Life still has much in store Since you'll never be forgotten We pledge to you today A hallowed place within our hearts Is where you'll always stay 



11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute, Darsie. I am sure your father is smiling down on you and is so proud of what a talented and wonderful woman you are. Hugs Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darcie that was lovely..I had a good little cry as I miss my daddy very much too. He died in 1990, so it will be 20 years for me, but I still miss him VERY MUCH :( Your tribute was just wonderful and I know he is looking down on you proudly every day :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcie, what a sweet tribute to your dad. I know that you miss him, he must have been an interesting man to know. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a sweet post, Darcie. Your dad sounds like a wonderful, loving man! I'm sure he was so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute, Darsie. Thank you for sharing how much your father meant to you. It's easy to see the impact he made on your life and the person you are today.

    Love and big hugs,
    Korin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Darsie! I'm tearing up reading your tribute to your beloved father! I believe we'll meet our loved ones the day we pass as well, and I hope you believe so too! I'm so sorry for yout loss, but yet happy to see that you're able to remember him with laughter, joy and wonderful memories!

    I wish you the best!

    Love, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you touched my heart with your tribute. I actually see my husband in some of your stories. Red loves to yell at the TV during sports and we have a cat that thinks he is a kid.

    Love the fact that in time we will see each other on the other side.

    God Bless you today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Darsie! What an amazing tribute... you brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a georgous tribute. God love you!!! Your an amazing person and I'm sure your Dad was proud to say you were his daughter. He sure was a handsome man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. {{{HUGS}}}
    What a wonderful tribute to you dad, Darsie!! He was so blessed having a daughter like you.
    The feel of missing never goes away... I miss my dad so much even though I know he went to the better place 16 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Darsie. Thanks for sharing the funny and touching tidbits about your dad. My dad also died unexpectedly after a heart attack almost 15 years ago. It's a tough pill to swallow, that's for sure. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!