Saturday, July 07, 2012

Ribbon Inspiration...

Remember how I said I was doing behind-the-scenes crafting? Well, I can finally spill the beans about one of them! I am so stinking excited! As you know, my favorite store to purchase ribbons, papers, and crafting supplies is The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. Imagine how thrilled I was when Sharon Johnson (owner) asked me to be Special Projects Designer! What this means?? Holy cow, she sent me a huge box of the most delightful ribbons, papers and embellishments that I had to stop myself from rolling in them with glee!! So, of course, instead of doing that, I went about crafting and what a creative time I had! Thank you, thank you, Sharon, for this fabulous opportunity!

I am showcasing two products today and there are so many possibilities with them. I've only dented the surface, let me tell you!  The first is Sheer Pull Flower Wired Ribbon, a gorgeous May Arts wired sheer ribbon with three strands of contrasting colored ribbons that you can pull to create all kinds of flowers, ruffles, and more. They are incredibly easy to make especially if you are flower "challenged". Using these ribbons allow you to be able to say "why, I've made them myself"! Look at the gorgeous colors!!!


You'll see in my two card projects where I used beautiful papers from Webster's Pages, a paper and embellishment company that has so many delightful paper stacks with a Victorian look. I just love them! The pad I used today is from their Petite Papers line where they combine three collections into one stack. So you get a taste of all three collections to try out before you purchase! I love that they are double-sided, so if you don't prefer one side, you can use the other!


Okay, so what did I create? Well, I have created three projects showing the different ways to use the Sheer Pull Flower Ribbon with the pretty paper as a background. In my first card, I am demonstrating how you can use the Pull Flower Ribbon as a luscious bow. With it's wired edges, it holds its shape perfectly. My card uses Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Romantic Rectangles, JustRite Papercraft With Sympathy stamp set, and Kaisercraft Champagne Pearls.

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

My next card shows how you can make a pretty embellishment for the center of your glorious bows! I removed both outer strings from the 6 inch piece of ribbon and pulled tight on the center ribbon then tied a small bow with the pull strands. I glued it to the middle of my bow and was finished! I used a pretty Red/Orange Silky Crushed Ribbon for my bow. My sentiment is from the JustRite Papercraft Large Fancy Sentiments stamp set, and my bling is Kaisercraft Orange Rhinestones.


And my final project, which I had a spectacular time creating is a darling birdhouse showing how to use the Pull Flower as a ruffle and then as flowers.  For the ruffle, I removed the two outer strands and pulled the middle piece to gather the ribbon around the base of the birdhouse. My flowers were made from 6 inch ribbon strips, the center pulled and knotted. I added sweet buttons to the pulled flower and tied with a bow. I used Satin String Leaves and Wired Beads - Pearls for embellishments. My birds and birdhouse is from Hobby Lobby (I painted the house with acrylic paints).


The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store carries a versatile collection of supplies for your papercrafting needs from Spellbinders dies, JustRite Papercraft stamps and other stamps, Ribbons of all textures, styles and thicknesses, beautiful papers from a multitude of companies and lots of fabulous embellishments.


15 comments:

  1. LOVE these projects, Darsie - ALL are just beautiful! A wonderful showcasing of the Pull Flower Ribbon. We are all so thrilled to have you working with us at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are BEAUTIFUL! Was hoping to see a tutorial on the way you made them. Hope one is coming. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Darsie...I'm so happy for you...well deserved! LOVE all your creations - they are so beautiful....oh no!...I feel a purchase coming on :) Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Darsie. That birdhouse is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Darsie on this special journey with Sharon!! i know you will amaze all of us and how lucky you are to get lots and lots of those beautiful ribbons to use!! Whoo hoo for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are beautiful! Love what you did with this ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, what gorgeous projects! Love that new ribbon you are showing off today! So glad that Sharon sent us to visit you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your work is beautiful! Nice to meet you and congratulations on this special design position with Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darsie, Oh My...your work is beautiful! I follow Sharon from Stamp Simply, and now I will be following you as well! I love her products too, and I see an order coming for this gorgeous ribbon! All of your projects are just awesome. I really love the yellow center in the red ribbon on the
    2nd card. It looks like a daffodil to me! Are there instructions on how to use these ribbons when we purchase them? Thanks for some beautiful things! Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting for you...and for us because we get to see your projects! Love to see all the different ways you worked that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects and gorgeous ribbon! Love the pulled ruffled flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I love what you've shown here and I look forward to seeing your work with the Stamp Simply team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations..on your new amazingly awesome journey as 'Special Projects Designer'. I am so excited and happy for you..the ribbons are gorgeous and mixed with your talent I am looking forward to being on the receiving end of your inspiration that will inspire me..(already). the projects you did are beautiful..drooling over those ribbon designs..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to add my "Welcome" also Darcie...I love Sharon's site and already love yours too...you really got me with that awesome birdhouse and all it's finery!! See you soon with more of these awesome products being used with your incredible talent...Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girl! Congrats and welcome to the team! I meant to comment earlier, but my husband closed down the window with your blog and I only just saw it again tonight. WELCOME and what amazing and stunning projects! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!