Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cherished Memories...

Monday will be the 12th anniversary of my father's passing and I wanted to create a Memory Frame using a new die set from Spellbinders Paper Arts™. No matter how many years pass, I still miss him so very much! LYTAM Daddy!

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

Surprisingly, this worked up pretty quickly. I cut  and embossed the Antique Frame from Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® Antique Frame and Accents out of Royal & Langnickel Engraving Art Black/Copper Foil sheets using the Grand Calibur®. With an emery board, I removed the black coating on the frame's embossed areas to showcase the copper foil underneath. I inserted the photo of my father when he was in the navy, and added Creative Impressions Cherished Memories Twill ribbon and some antique buttons. A knotted ribbon, twine in the buttons and ivory pearls finished it off.

I layered my frame with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam dots to ivory cardstock and fussy cut around the frame to give it a matted look. I shaded the edge of the ivory frame with Copic Marker E53. With more foam dots, I added this piece to a Labels Seventeen panel I had cut from the Black/Copper Foil and had sanded.

  
The back of my frame uses the tag from the Antique Frame set and I also cut and embossed it with the black/copper foil then sanded it. I mounted it to ivory cardstock, cut around it to mat it, then adhered the top portion of the tag to the back of my frame for the frame stand.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty, you did a beautiful job. My father passed 11 1/2 years ago, and I still miss him too.

    They are never truly gone if they are still in your heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful frame Darsie! That is so cool your Dad was in the Navy. My daughter is a pilot in the Air Force and her husband is a pilot in the Marine Corps.
    Big hugs! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! It looks like an antique! I love using the Royal & Langnickel sheets, and I think the copper is my fave. My dad was in subs in WW2 then ended up as a career pilot in the Air Force. He has been gone for almost 29years and I miss him every time I smell sawdust - he became a cabinetmaker after he retired! I'll be back tomorrow for the hop - can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! I SOOOOO want this die... I hope to acquire it someday... Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Simply beautiful! I need to get me some of that foil.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!