Wednesday, April 11, 2012

thank you for Cathy...

Here's the card I created for Cathy Chlebana, DT Coordinator of Spellbinders for the fabulous time we all had at the Design Team Retreat. Cathy is one amazing lady and I'm so excited to be working with her this year!! We had such a good time on the Party Bus, especially Cathy (but what happens on the bus, stays on the bus)!!

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

I created this card using soft blue tones because Cathy doesn't like pink! I dug out my vintage glass glitter for this project and tinted it lightly with Copic Marker refill E55 which gave me a soft antique look. I coated the largest Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Decorative Element Picot Edges circle with the glitter, then layered Shapeabilities® Blossom Tags and Accents. I added more glass glitter to that piece, then layered with Shapeabilities® Fancy Tags Two


I added Want2Scrap Nestabling Fancy Tags Two to my fancy tag, then created a sentiment strip using JustRite Papercraft Autumn Words. All of my layers were popped up for extra dimension. I added a pretty lacy wired ribbon bow, then topped that off with a soft silk ribbon fork bow from Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. My designer paper is from Tim Holtz's Ideaology paper stack which I wrapped with more lacy and satin blue ribbon. My final touch was to adhere the piece to a blue panel, then to an ivory card.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the glass glitter, the soft colors and the bling you added. And I love your "What happens on the bus, stays on the bus!". Sure sounds like you guys had a blast.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! beautiful card!! love all the little details...and laughed about the bus comment...you sure you weren't all secertly designing for hallmark on the bus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Darise
    I'm the latest Belle of the Belli but am unable to email you - appears Thunderbird is blocking - how do I contact you? Sorry for the inconvenience - very challenged new blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty,love the colors and those unusal crystal flakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!