Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Copper Roses...

Click HERE for the "Fred, She Said" BLOG HOP!

Midnight Madness has a pretty sketch this week where you can use your favorite coordinating designer papers! Recently, Die Cuts with a View came out with new paper stacks! You've seen me use "Linen Closet" on occasion and I love the soft aqua's, tans and ivory's that are in that paper pad. The new stack I used today is called "Natural" with shades of Copper, Orange, Tan, Ivory and Black. The papers are rich with metallic copper accents and I just love love love it! The sketch just screamed for these papers!


This card is pretty much a layering card, and it didn't take long to put this one together! My designer paper is from DCWV as stated above, and I used the Martha Stewart Doily punch for the strip. My butterfly is a stencil cut-out and I added ribbon, rhinestones and pearls to finish it off! Card size: 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches.

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card!! Those are so much my colors. I'll have to be on the look out for that paper collection. Thanks for visiting and commenting at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Darsie - this is gorgeous! I love DCWV DP's they are gorgeous and these ones are no exceptions! Love your image and that amazing embellishment! Your cards are always a pleasure to see!! Lovely as always! We love coming and seeing your cards created using the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we appreciate your support and would love to see you again next week! {{[hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Darsie. Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so stunning! I just love this card, love the image, the design papers and the butterfly is over the top! Fantastic job!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darsie,
    You just simply amaze me with your artwork.
    This card is beyond words.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this was really a great card :-) Love the butterfly in the corner.
    What a beautiful image you have chosen!
    Hugs Guro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darsie this is lovely. Your butterfly looks amazing and has great visual impact. This is awesome paper...very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight madness this week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darcie. This card is just stunning. You have done it again, with those beautiful papers. The rose is just wonderful as well as that gorgeous butterfly! Wow, are we glad you shared this beauty with us this week for the MMSC. Always a pleasure to see what your creating.

    Sue
    MMSC March Guest

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING card, Darsie - going to show Holly this one - she LOVES Copper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing job this week, Darsie! That huge butterfly and the roses on the paper really make such an impact :) wonderful ribbon too. Thanks for playing this week! xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!