Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old Rugged Cross...

A great Gospel Hymn and a fabulous image to go with it by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! They have a lot of wonderful digital images for Easter, whether it be religious or whimsical you prefer. I love the "Old Rugged Cross" and I used the new Egg Nestabilities for the frame. (Robin? Do you have the eggs? Oh wait, you don't!)


I printed the cross onto Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Copic Markers. I sponged Memento Summer Sky ink all around the image then laid it aside. My background is white glittery cardstock,  and I embossed with the Textile folder in the Cuttlebug. I cut out the center using the largest Egg Nestabilities, then added decorative pearls around the edge. I mounted my cross to the back of this then added a fancy tag with ribbons and pearls. My sentiment is from Studio G. I adhered the cross panel to glittery purple cardstock, then to a sky blue card. Card size: 4 3/4 x 6 inches

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely one of the most breathtaking beautiful cards for Easter I have seen!! I love it! Could this also be used with a Christmas tree in the center? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most awesome Easter card I have seen. It shows the true meaning of the holiday and is so elegant. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very elegant card. I absolutely love your designs and creations - you seem to put a lot of love into each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the most beautiful card I have ever seen. It brings home the reason for Easter so well. Thank you for sharing your awesome talent with us:) Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! An Easter card that is actually about Easter and the Resurrection...Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of your cards are lovely but this EASTER card is WHAT Easter is about! so elegant, beautiful and appropriate! BRAVA!!!

    OWH, is wonderful organization and I would like to join.
    Susan

    ps...now following you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!