Friday, March 05, 2010

Purple Larkspur...


My card for today features a beautiful digistamp from Sweet 'n Sassy called "July Larkspur". It is a monthly series of floral images that are a delight to color. Hop over to the store and see the wonderful selection of designs and sentiments available!

My card fits the Midnight Madness Challenge! (sketch below)

 

I printed my image on Whisper White cardstock, then cut it out with a plain Oval Nestabilities. I colored with Copic Markers, then sponged Memento Sky Blue ink over the image to simulate "sky". I mounted my image to two Labels 4 Nestabilities I had cut out of black velvet paper I purchased from Hobby Lobby. My background paper is a Marbled Glossy paper and I adhered it to another panel of black velvet paper. I added a side panel of lavender glitter paper I purchased from Hobby Lobby to a blue cardstock piece and glued it to my marbled paper. My swirl of pearls were also purchased at HL and I added small pearls around the oval and black pearls to the corners. My sparkly butterflies are peel-off stickers by Pop Ups by Plane Class! I finished the card off with tiny black pearls and blue rhinestones for the bodies of the butterflies. This is a large card measuring 6 3/4 x 6 inches.


11 comments:

  1. Wow Darsie - every week you amaze us with your gorgeous creations and this week is no exception - this is just exquisite, the flowers and the bling - what an amzing mix - gorgeous Darsie, just gorgeous!! We are glad you are able to play along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we are inspired by your cards and hope to see you next week! (((hugs)))
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, I love all the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Darsie truly wonderful... love all the pearls.
    Hugs
    Shirley x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Darsie, this is amazing..I do not think you could make a bad card even if you were blindfolded..lol you are a natural..just and outstanding take on the sketch..keep them coming..I LOVE visiting :) Thank you so much for your participating in our challenges. Lots of cool things happening on the Midnight Madness blog right now... Sneak Peek and if you qualify we have the The Huge Giveaway
    Priscilla (MMSC Hostess)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darsie-this is awesome. Such a romantic style card filled with luscious opulent pearls. Love that image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! This is just so beautiful! I love the pearls and the image.

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is a stunner! Love the colors you chose and all those beautiful pearls are wonderful finishing touches. Thanks for sharing your card with the MMSC this week.

    Take Care
    Sue
    MMSC March guest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how gorgeous!! I just love your colors, the butterflies, and the pearls!! Exquisite! What an awesome take on the sketch with so many awesome details. Thanks for playing with us at MMSC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darsie it is beautiful! Flowers of course are my favorite images and this is sooo pretty! I almost bought the flourish and the butterfly stickers yesterday!!! I may have to go back and get them now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!