Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Tulips...

Well, I'm feeling better, finally! Thanks to all the lovely "get well" wishes I've been receiving! I woke up this morning ready to work on cards and get ready for my card club on Saturday! I can't wait to show what I've made, but it will be after the party! I don't want to spoil the surprise!

My card today uses Fred, She Said's "Tulip Trio" which is being offered on the Stars and Stamps blog for free!  I really love the color combination I chose for this card. I took it from a Basic Grey 6 x 6 paper stack, and then purchased the entire set in 12 x 12!


I printed the tulips on Whisper White cardstock, colored with Copic Markers, then cut it out leaving a small white edge. My designer paper is from Basic Grey, and I used the new Nestabilities Labels Eleven with orange glittery cardstock. I punched the corners of my gray panel with a Fiskars punch, then mounted both pieces to white glittery cardstock. I raised my tulips up with pop dots, added organza grey ribbon with a bow, and finished it off with rhinestones. I glued it all together to a white card measuring 4 3/4 x 6 inches.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Darsie! Love the colors you used!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tulips are amazing.
    I've been wanting to make a card with them since last week. I think you just motivated me again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly stunning, Darsie! The colors are so vibrant and realistic-looking. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! your coloring is awesome!! so glad your feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Brilliant, Darsie! I must say I love this colour combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job coloring those tulips - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards - Love the victorian image on the Belli Card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tulips are gorgeous. I just purchased a few of the FSS digis and I picked up the free one of the tulips. I hope to post some as I get them done.

    TFS,

    dj1952 (Debra)

    http://www.designsbydj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!