Thursday, March 04, 2010

A Winter Card...

Well, since we got a bit more snow this morning (thankfully, it melted off the roads), I decided that my Challenge Card for Our Creative Corner Weekly Sketch (below) had to be a Winter Card! We are still definitely "in" Winter mode in upstate New York!



This card uses the delightful digital image called "Catchin' Flakes" from Fred, She Said. I printed the image on Whisper White cardstock, then cut it out with a Plain Circle Nestabilities. I sponged Memento Sky Blue and Danube Blue on the edges before removing the die. I colored the image with Copic Markers, then mounted it to a Scalloped Circle Nestabilities cut out.  My designer paper is from the Paper Studio and I adhered it to a brown cardstock panel. I added a brown satin ribbon strip down the center of the card to fit the sketch, then glued my image circle to the center. I used spray adhesive on my felt snowflakes then covered them in sparkly Seashell glitter from Art Glitter Institute (I just love the glitz of it). I added my snowflakes, my big bow, and lots of pearl beads and rhinestones! I finally mounted the panel to a white card sized: 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches

13 comments:

  1. Tottally adorable card Darsie! Love the colors and the snowflakes are Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I sure hope winter moves on soon. I am looking forward to warmer temps and sunny days! Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable, love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another awesome card girl :) love the cute image and all the pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect color combo for winter ... love those awesome snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely Darsie! I really love the colours you have used - the brown and blue go so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning Winter's card! Thanks for joining our 'Big Bow' Challenge at YNS Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darsie, what a stunning card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous embellishments and papers. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. super card...great job on the color combo and i love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card. Love your choice of colors and that big snowflake is the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, when I see your work, my mouth just dropped open. This is stinkin' fantastic. I love the image and the snowflakes and the paper and the ribbon. Wow. I am just gushing at this point. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling!!! Thanks for playing along with Jacksonbelle this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!