Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Wedding Card ...

I can't believe the balmy weather we've been having in upstate New York! With the birds chirping and the snow melted, you'd think Spring was already here! I know I can't wait to see the crocuses and daffodils poking their heads out to bask in God's bright sunshiny rays!

With Spring in mind, can you imagine a prettier wedding day than to be surrounded by new growth and the beautiful blossoms of life? A wedding symbolizes a new beginning in God's Grace for two people in love, and my card hopefully reflects that sentiment.


I printed "Wedding Bells" from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps on Whisper White cardstock, then cut it out with a Circle Nestabilities. I sponged Memento Summer Sky ink around the edges, then colored the image with Copic Markers. I adhered my circle to a glittery scalloped circle. then mounted it to another circle I had punched with the Deco Fan punch by Martha Stewart. Next, came my glittery purple circle, which was mounted to a larger glittery scalloped circle. I added self-adhesive pearls and a lavender tulle bow to the circles. I wrapped more tulle around my sparkly cardstock panel with the Deco Fan punched in the corners. I then mounted my decorated circle to the center. This was all glued to a soft lavender card measuring 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.


Please hop over to the Sweet 'n Sassy store to see all the wonderful images that are perfect for weddings, birthdays, and all occasions! Make sure you take a look at the beautiful floral images, just in time for Spring, Easter and Mother's Day!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In two words - absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning, love it!! We need a tutorial on using that MS corner punch around the circle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely beautiful for a wedding. I too would love to see a tutorial on the Fan Circle. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS wedding card, love the lace and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant! I love the fan punched embellishments, the lace and the pearls - beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I just love your artwork!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!